- THE LOCATION: What better way to show off our passion and our mission other than bringing the Iowa Dog Jog to the ARL! That's right, the Iowa Dog Jog will be on site at our Main Location and we're excited to show you what new activities we have in store for you and your pup!
- THE ROUTE: You can now choose your own route, new or old, and compete for prizes! You can also choose to take two half mile loops around the ARL's new walking path day of the event at your own pace to complete one mile.
- ACTIVITY TRACKING: Although we won't be sharing the same start line, we can still share our passion for animals and why we walk, run, or wag through Strava which allows participants to track activity from the start line of their choosing. Simply download the app, create your profile, and join the ARL Iowa Dog Jog Club to see what other participants are logging, and have one more reason to run/walk with your dog!
- THE T-SHIRT: Let's be honest, we all think our dogs deserve to have their face on a T-shirt and now that dream can be a reality! Whoever fundraises the most dollars by August 1st gets their pets face on the 2023 Iowa Dog Jog shirt!
Petcasso - let your dog express their creative freedom by painting their own masterpiece
Poorly Drawn Pet Station - bring a picture of your pup and receive a masterpiece. The catch? It may not be the masterpiece you are expecting.
Puff N Fluff Dog Wash - let us freshen up your pooch for you with a bath
Dog Course Selfie Trail - Walk the trail around the ARL to take cute selfies with your dog!
Dog Contest - let local celebrity judge your dog to determine who's the best in show for our dog costume contest, the best human/dog costume contest, pie eating contest and more!
Selfie Station - snap a pic at themed selfie areas with your best four-legged friend.
Pet First Aid demonstration - check out our First Aid booth, where ARL medical staff will be doing demonstrations on pet first aid and other important things to know when caring for your pet
Vendor Booths - participating vendors will be hosting activities like bobbing for hot dogs, offering free swag and other dog centric retail items! Stay tuned for a list of vendors!
ARL Animal House Retail Booth
MORE COMING SOON!
DOG BUCKS - THE EASY WAY TO PAY!
Instead of fumbling around for cash, or going through the steps of running a card, simply pay with Dog Bucks. Dog Bucks represent cash dollar-for-dollar and come in five dollar increments. Please note, there are no ATM's on site. Please note, we cannot make change for Dog Bucks.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
We welcome friendly dogs of all sizes and breeds and their responsible owners. For the safety of your dog and others, female dogs should not be in heat, and please check with your veterinarian to make sure your dog is up-to-date on all of its vaccinations.
- Dogs must be leashed and under control of their owner at all times.
- No retractable leashes, choke chains, or prong collars are allowed.
Parking at the ARL is FREE but keep in mind that it is first come, first serve. There will also be available parking at the Rasmussen Group located at 5550 NE 22nd St, Des Moines, IA 50313.
DOGGIE BAG PICKUP
Formerly known as packet pickup, Doggie Bag pickup is on:
Sunday, September 17
starting at 9 am at the Registration/Check-in table
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
9AM - Doggie Bag Pickup & Registration
9AM - 12PM - Dog Festival
10AM - Ready, Set, GO!
11AM - Dog Contests Begin